Meet Emily Ray, Harmony Healthcare Research Assistant
1. Tell us how you like to start your day.
I usually like to start my day with an iced coffee and then sit on my patio to read and avoid using my phone within the first hour of my day.
2. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
“What is for you won’t go past you.”
3. What inspires you?
My family inspires me the most as well as people who have a positive outlook on any situation.
4. If you could only sing one song for karaoke for the rest of your life, what would it be?
“Leavin'” by Jesse McCartney
5. Tell us your idea of a perfect weekend.
My ideal weekend would be spending it with my loved ones and traveling to a city I’ve never been before and restaurant/bar hopping.
6. Create a soundtrack to your life with just 5 songs.
- “Counted Steps” by Rod Wave: It explains that when times get rough, you must keep going.
- “Put Your Records On” by Corinne Bailey Rae: This song is just a happy girly song that makes my day more positive.
- “Banana Pancakes” by Jack Johnson: I love Jack Johnson, and he’s my dad’s favorite artist so I would listen to him while my dad was deployed. Jack got me through it. It’s just such a relaxing song, and it’s also a happy/chill vibe.
- “Latch” by Disclosure and Sam Smith: I listened to this song on repeat when it first came out, and it came out at the perfect time when I was enjoying my few years in California. It’s also a hyped-up song when you listen to it on full blast.
- “All Along” by Kid Cudi: It’s a song that is a little relatable, but it also has a deeper meaning to it – like how it’s okay to be alone.
7. Who is your favorite artist and why?
Jhené Aiko is my favorite artist because her music is good and her voice is so beautiful. She also makes songs for whatever occasion.
8. If you could visit any city for 48 hours, where would it be and why?
I’d go to Paris. It seems like such a beautiful place to visit and to eat. I heard the food there is considered some of the best in the world!