Meet Tyler Maister, Harmony Healthcare Recruiter
1. What advice would you give yourself 10 years ago?
It’d have to be to just to keep my head down, keep working, and eventually everything will work itself out one way or another.
2. How do you balance your work and personal lives?
I make sure to take time every once in a while to just relax. It definitely is hard to do this – as all of my consultants are very well aware, I am available 24/7 for them. But there’s always a way to make time.
3. What does leadership mean to you?
Leadership is all about setting the example and enabling your entire team to reach their own pinnacles of success in both their personal and professional lives. A leader who truly leads by example and sets the pace for the team is the one who inspires confidence and brings out the best in the team!
4. What characteristics do you respect most in others?
It has to be honesty. An honest person will never steer you wrong, guide you down the wrong path, or lie to appease you. An honest person will tell you how it is, what it is, and why it is without blinking an eye, and that is the type of people I respect most.
5. What is your favorite movie quote and why?
“Do… or do not. There is no try.”
– Yoda from Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back
This one is pretty self-explanatory. I’m a massive nerd, and this is a great mantra for life. The person who is just trying to do something will never be as successful as the person who just dives in and goes for it.
6. Create a soundtrack to your life with just 5 songs.
- “Stronger” by Kanye West – This song exemplifies how to get through life: just keep pushing and eventually you come out the other side stronger.
- “White & Nerdy” by Weird Al – This one is just too close to home.
- “Trophies” by Drake – The motto for life overall: strive to be #1 in all things and eventually win the trophy.
- “Carry on Wayward Son” by Kansas – This is another song about just carrying on and pushing through adversity.
- “Blue Slide Park” by Mac Miller – This is a great song about reminiscing about the past and the free days as a child. RIP, Mac.
7. Tell us how teamwork impacts your work life.
Quite simply my job couldn’t be done without it. The recruitment team works together to help each other strive to be better each and every day. This constant push is what impacts my work life the most!
8. What 3 places would you most like to visit and why?
- Canada: I mean who doesn’t want to see the Great White North?
- Europe: I love older architecture, and you don’t get to see that in the states. I’d love to travel Europe and go to older cities and just explore.
- Mexico: It has such a rich culture and ideals, and it’s not too far from home!