Meet One of Our Recruiters: Interview with Harmony Healthcare’s Kathy Vo
1. Tell us about your very first concert experience.
Ke$ha! 17-year-old me was living her best life. Meanwhile, my poor dad had to wait in the parking lot watching thousands of teenagers covered head to toe in glitter walk into the Gwinnett Arena.
Fun fact: I graduated in the same arena the following summer.
2. Tell us about an experience at the weirdest job you’ve ever had.
I wouldn’t say this experience was weird, but it was different! In college, I was asked to dress up as Disney Princess Jasmine for a little girl’s birthday party. I was super skeptical, but there were about 10 princesses in total and it ended up being so much fun!
I remember a couple of the kids started crying because they were so excited that we came all the way from Disney World to surprise them. Seeing the smiles on their faces made it worth it!
3. Imagine you have 24 hours of free time and not a worry in the world. Paint a picture of how you’d spend that time and why.
I would spend it with my family, my boyfriend, and my fur babies back home on Lake Hartwell. Moving to Florida has helped me become more appreciative of quality time with my family. Going from seeing them once a week to only a few times a year has been hard, but I wouldn’t change a thing.
4. What motivates you to get up and work smart each day?
My team! It’s such a blessing to have the chance to work with such unique and extraordinary people every day. Work can get serious at times, but I can always depend on my team to brighten up my day with sweet notes or not so funny yet funny jokes!
As my colleague Robert Agger says, “I wouldn’t want to go to battle with anyone else.”
My consultants also motivate me. I get to work with quite a few impressive professionals in the healthcare industry. I learn something new every day from them, and I’ve formed some great, long-lasting relationships.
5. Tell us about one lesson you’ve learned in the past month.
Always check your car battery. You may end up stranded at the nearby gas station an hour before movers come to your apartment.
I’m really trying at this adulting thing.
6. What are 3 career lessons you’ve learned so far?
- Never judge a book by its cover.
- Keep educating yourself.
- The grass is not always greener on the other side.
7. If you could pick one superpower, what would it be and why?
Teleporting! It would make traveling a lot less expensive. I wish we all had that power so we could avoid the coronavirus.
8. Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
As a Games of Thrones fanatic, Arya Stark is my favorite fictional character of all time. At a young age, Arya broke all stereotypes like learning how to use a sword versus sewing like other ladies.
I think all girls should grow to be whoever that they want to be without caring about the social norms.