Meet Robert Jackson, Harmony Healthcare Recruiter
1. If you could choose anyone to be your mentor, who would it be and why?
Elon Musk is someone I would like to be my mentor. He is brilliant, resourceful, has great visions for the future, and ultimately his hustler mentality and critical thinking skills are great traits to have when you want to be successful.
2. If you 30 days to learn something new, what would it be and why?
Weird answer but it would be carpentry. Why? My son and I are always pretending, running around the house, and having a blast, so we do a lot of at home projects and activities I see on YouTube. But knowing how to build something serious like a clubhouse/treehouse or a soapbox car would be awesome. I am big on those wholesome father/son activities.
3. What type of leader are you?
Open minded, understanding, patient, and personable. I want to be the overall fun type of leader who can communicate and mesh with any personality type so that I may guide whoever I am leading in the right direction.
4. Who is your favorite musician and why?
Biggie Smalls. His delivery and the personification in his lyrics are true poetry.
5. What impresses you and why?
I am a very simple person; it really does not take much to impress me. But I would say after working for Harmony and witnessing how much the leadership cares for us and how much they are willing to invest so that we are at your best no matter what is really impressive, especially considering some of my other places of employment. I am happy here.
6. Create a soundtrack to your life with just 4 songs.
- “Dear Mama” by Tupac: I am a mama’s boy, and nothing will ever change that!
- “Kick Push” by Pharrell: I love skateboarding; I’ve been doing it since I was a young whippersnapper, and I plan to teach my son to skate.
- “Crank Dat” by Soulja Boy: It’s an iconic song from my millennial time, and it reminds me of simpler times before having to grow up.
- “Du Hast” by Rammstein: I first heard this song when I was a teenager and didn’t understand it because I could not speak German. But it pushed me to study German in high school all 4 years. I’m not fluent nor can I put together any large compound sentences, but I have a love for the culture.
7. If you could pick one superpower, what would it be and why?
Super speed. I like to be punctual.
8. What are 3 lessons you’ve learned so far this year?
- Never assume. (This is thanks to Andre, Taylor, and Cheryl, 3 of my Harmony teammates.)
- Take your time.
- Stop stressing out about things out of my control.