Meet Morgan Babcock, Harmony Healthcare Account Executive
1. Tell us what helps you thrive in the workplace.
I think a collaborative team environment is important in generating business as well as a healthy work environment. At Harmony, I’ve received so much support and guidance when learning the ropes, and I can’t stress enough how helpful it has been so far.
2. Recommend a book you’ve recently read.
Blue Mind by Wallace J. Nichols.
Anything to do with the ocean or body of water intrigues me. I’ve grown up on boats and being out at the beach, so the ocean feels like home to me.
3. If you could visit 5 places anywhere in the world, where would they be and why would you choose them?
- Mykonos: I have always loved Greece, so this is high up on my list.
- Bali, Indonesia: Because why not? It’s beautiful.
- Ireland: I’m Irish and would love to learn more about the heritage there and explore.
- Italy: My mother is Italian, and I am a HUGE fan of Italian food (pasta & bread are my weaknesses). I want to explore the coast and try authentic Italian food.
- Honestly any tropical island: I hope to retire on a beach somewhere listening to live music
4. Create a soundtrack to your life with just 5 songs.
- “September” by Earth Wind & Fire: This song will always be my go-to when I need a pick me up. Just overall good vibes.
- “Let Her Cry” by Hootie & the Blowfish: This song holds a special place in my heart. My uncle passed away when I was in high school. He used to pick up his guitar and sing this song to me. One regret I have is not having him teach me how to play it before he died.
- “Tennessee Whiskey” by Chris Stapleton” Because who doesn’t love Chris Stapleton? This song puts me in my feels.
- “Yeah!” by Usher: Guilty pleasure! Honestly I know all the words and can absolutely crush it at karaoke.
- “Island in the Sun” by Weezer: This makes me want to be somewhere on a beach with a fruity frozen drink in my hand.
5. Share with us your best career advice.
Naturally I’ve chosen a Wayne Gretzky quote: “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” My takeaway from this quote is simple. If you don’t take the risk or go after that sale, you won’t be successful. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, as each mistake can be turned into a learning opportunity. Stay hungry, not complacent.
6. What’s 1 important lesson you’ve learned in the last 3 months?
Life throws curveballs, and it’s on you to figure out how handle them. It’s not what happens to you that necessarily matters the most; it’s how you overcome those challenges. Make a plan and execute it.
7. Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
Sansa Stark from Game of Thrones.
She experienced so many trials and tribulations, and instead of letting them get her down and give up, she learned from it all. She never let life get in the way of her goals or her beliefs.