Meet Amanda Mikolajczyk, Harmony Healthcare Operational Support Manager
1. Recommend a book you’ve recently read.
The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine.
2. What advice would you give yourself 10 years ago?
Not to take myself too seriously.
I thought I was supposed to have the next 5-10 years planned out and know exactly what I wanted to do with my life. I’ve since learned that I really enjoy embracing change and actually look forward to a certain degree of unexpectedness.
3. What does leadership mean to you?
Leadership is a state of mind and an ability to empower ourselves and others to achieve optimal success.
4. What is your favorite movie quote and why?
“Did we just become best friends?”
– Step Brothers
It’s a line my bestie and me still quote to this day almost every time we hang out.
5. Create a soundtrack to your life with just 5 songs.
- “Under the Bridge” by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- “Breakdown” by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
- “Higher” by Rihanna
- “Friends in Low Places” by Garth Brooks
- “The Hills” by The Weeknd
6. Tell us about your weirdest job experience.
I spent one summer waiting tables at a 1950s diner inside a car museum. Knee length dress and all.
7. What’s an accomplishment that made you especially proud?
Last summer I ran my first half marathon! There was a time in my life where I truly thought I would never be able to do something like that, so it felt really cool to conquer it.